Monday, November 1, 2010

Connor Loves Girls #2

As I posted a long time ago--Connor loves girls. http://bradandcara.blogspot.com/2009/09/connor-loves-girls.html . When he started pre-school, they had a fire drill and the kids were walking back to their classroom. I saw all the kids in Connors class walking single file back to the room and Connor was the last one, holding a girls hand. He knew exactly how many girls were in his class, but hadn't the faintest idea of how many boys there were. He had a long time girlfriend, Braylee, and by the end of the school year he had 2 girlfriends, Braylee and Daisy. Daisy's dad didn't seem too thrilled about this.

So Connor started wrestling last week. They were in a big room at the high school learning wrestling moves. There were 86 kindergarten to 2nd graders and out of those 86, there was one girl. At the end of the practice they were playing two separate games of "Sharks and Minnows" In each game there were 3 sharks. The minnows would crawl to the other side of the room, trying not to get slammed down to the floor by the sharks. If one of the sharks got you, you would become a shark. I think Connor had a clear plan in his head from the beginning. As he was crawling across the room, he headed straight to one of the sharks and got slammed down, so he became a shark. As they started the next round, he made a beeline halfway across the room to the other game that was being played, headed straight for that little pony-tailed girl and slammed her down.




I swear nothing else was in his view or his mind except getting to that girl. Josh was watching with me and was like-"What the? Where is Connor going? What's he doin'? He's on the wrong side." I said "I think he's headed for that little girl." And he was. It was so funny. I so wish I had it on camera. Instead you will all have to settle for my first try at paint. Not my proudest moment as a mother, but pretty darn close :)

P.S. I went and helped at Connors class Halloween party and a mom there told me that she asked her daughter who the cutest boy in class was, and she said Connor and Micah. Hahahahaha!

3 comments:

Cam said...

But should be your proudest moment at computer painting. I love it!

CamiKay said...

SO cute, I love your little drawings. Dude, that lil Connor is going to be such a ladies man, as soon as he realizes slamming girls isn't the quickest way to their heart...
=D

shunt said...

Lol! Love the pictures to go with the story!