Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"I See Sam"

Connor brought home his first take home book today, "I See Sam". He did really well at reading it, but I don't know how much was guessing. It's so fun when the kids start really reading. There was a "blizzard" today. Brad came home from work early and Connors wrestling was canceled. The news said to stock up on neccesities--flashlights and blankets--and said to just stay at home unless it was absolutely neccesary to go out. I went to bed around 5 p.m. and woke up around 10 p.m. I must have just slept through the whole thing. There was some snow on the ground, but not a ton. It must have passed by Spanish Fork without a lot of damage. So much for the big storm. I guess it was a lot worse in other parts of Utah....

The kids are off of school for Thanksgiving break today. Kaytlynn had a Thanksgiving "feast" on Monday in pre-school. The only thing she told me about it is they had pizza. Funny. They celebrated Josh's birthday in his class yesterday. I made up little gift bags for his class. I went to the dollar store and spent $40! Amazing how fast it can add up. I love that store. :) Just a thought for you--I am so grateful every time I walk in our door from the cold into our warm house. We are so lucky to have central heating that we can turn as high as we want! I am usually carrying a cold kid and I just can't help but say "We are so lucky to have a nice warm house!" every time we come in the door. Happy Day!

No comments: