Thursday, November 24, 2011

Josh is turning 8!

My oldest baby will be 8 on Saturday! He is in 2nd grade in Mrs. Gardners class at Park Elementary. He is an amazing reader, he is the best one in his class at math, and is the second fastest runner in his class. He has lots of great friends from school. He loves playing video games. He likes sports. He plays basketball, soccer, and baseball, but soccer is his favorite. If there was track and field at school, I would sign him up. At recess he chases kids and they chase him. That's funny because that is what I did at recess in 2nd grade. He's a skinny little guy, probably because he's always been a super picky eater. He's probably only around 45 pounds. His willpower is strong, so I learned a long time ago that trying to force him to eat something he doesn't want to will just end up in wasted food and everybody crying. Here's what he will eat at this point: McDonalds hamburgers and chicken nuggets and fries, pepperoni pizza (his favorite is Papa Johns and we always have a supply in the fridge), apples, nacho cheese Doritos, bacon, fruit roll ups, rolls (they have to be warm), frosting and some candy (suckers, tootsie rolls, some chocolate, laffy taffy, swedish fish) Ummmm....I honestly can't think of anything else right now. He goes through phases and stuff that he ate every day 2 months ago, he won't even touch now. He LOVES to scare me. He probably sneaks up behind me or stands around the corner and jumps out and says "Boo!" about 20 times a day. And every time he asks "Did I scare you?" If I say yes, he asks "Really bad?" Jarom used to love to scare us. When a friend calls him and I give him the phone, he says "Yo! What's up?" When his friend Kelton calls he says "Hey Kelt! What's up, dude?" He is very rigid at sticking to the rules. Especially if it is school rules, teacher rules, or laws. He makes sure everybody else sticks to the rules, too. He is definitely the oldest child and he won't let the other two get away with things that I will let them get away with. He is so much like Brad. He's got the most amazing freckles. He looks kind of like the Mad comics kid, only not as goofy. He's lost 4 teeth so far and 2 are very wiggly. He was soooo excited when he got on level 10 in math. He is speedy at math and always asks me math questions. He is learning his times tables by asking me all the time "Mom, what's 6 by 6? What's 100 by 200? What's 7 by 8?" If he thinks he heard something from someone who knows, he will not back down, which is why he says "by" instead of "times" or "multiplied by". He wants to be a game tester when he grows up. He is really good at video games and is really rockin' the guitar in rock band. He's been doing the expert level--the highest one. He doesn't get great scores doing expert, but he's still crazy good. He has to always be on time or early. If Connor's not ready for school yet, Josh urges me to just take him to school and take Connor later. He loves money and toys. I think he may be so good at math because he is so interested in money. That's just the way he thinks. He gives awesome hugs and gets clingy with some people like Cami and Amy. He's a funny kid and he is definitely getting easier as he gets older. Happy Birthday Joshy! Love you, kiddo!

1 comment:

Janessa said...

Josh is getting to be so big. I remember when he was a baby. Oh-kids grow up too fast!! We need to get together. Call me, my kids are off track for a whole month! Hope you had a good thanksgiving!