Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Nutcracker

I took Kaytlynn to the Nutcracker ballet in Salt Lake. My mom took me when I was younger a couple of Christmases and Jim took me and Amy when we were in Scotland. I thought it could be a nice little Christmas mom and daughter tradition. She wasn't quite ready for it. She was antsy after 45 minutes and kept moving around. She asked a few times if those were real people. I said yes and she asked "Like on TV?" I'm not sure why she hasn't grasped the concept. She used to be in dance and was in a recital on a big stage, and we've been to plenty of live shows.....Near the end I asked if she was hungry, and she said loudly "No, mom. I just ate some boogers." She was saying she wanted to go home. When we packed up to go to the bathroom, I was ready to take her away, but then she didn't want me to miss the rest. On the way home, I was thinking never again, but then Kaytlynn said that we needed to go again next time to see the parts we missed while we were in the bathroom. So maybe we will try again next year.

1 comment:

CamiKay said...

I really hope she keeps this habit of saying disgusting things in her sweet little voice. It's hilarious :)