Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Us

Okay, so I'm going to try to keep up with this stuff. Blogs seem a little more high class than Facebook and Myspace. High class certainly isn't me, but I'll give it a try anyway. I did not send out any Christmas cards this year. So here is an update on us. Brad and I are living in Spanish Fork with our 3 kids, Josh (5), Connor, (3), and Kaytlynn (2). Brad works from home for TGN and has worked there for over 3 years. I am a sub at the post office, so I deliver mail. I am starting a job soon at an assisted living type place that is right across the street from our house. Brad still wins, though. He doesn't have to walk as far to get to work.

So Brad and I got season passes to Sundance for eachother for Christmas. It took forever to finally get up snowboarding. Either we had no babysitter, our passes were blocked out for a week, or we had to have 4 wheel drive or chains to get up the mountain. So we finally went and Brad cracked some ribs! Augh!

So here's the story of how our little family came to be. I graduated from BYU and decided I wanted to work out of the country. Brad was in the Royal Navy. I ended up working for the Navy MWR in Bahrain (A little island in the Persian Gulf) Brad was there for the war. We met at a club in Bahrain. Brad had to leave to go minesweep so all the ships could get into Iraq safely, and I decided to go home after hearing rumors of all the bad things that were going to happen to Bahrain. Brad got home a couple months later and came to visit. He bought me a ring in Greece, and we got engaged in Vegas at the Belagio fountain show.

I moved to Scotland and we got married and had Josh. We were there for almost 2 years until Brad got out of the Royal Navy and then we moved to Utah. We've been here for almost 4 years and just recently had our 6 year meeting anniversary!

1 comment:

CamiKay said...

cool you are working across the street? Night watch? Or days? That is AWESOME you'll be so close I bet they'll like it if the kids visit too.
and Brad cracked some ribs? we need to talk! Tonight if you can!!