Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My kids a friggin' genius!

I took Connor to his 4 year check-up on Monday. He weighs 30 lbs, 6 oz., and is 38 inches long. The doctor asked him some questions that he didn't answer very well, so the doctor was concerned and sent his assistant in to do a little test. There were 4 pictures on each page and the assistant would say the word of one of those pictures and Connor would have to pick the right one. Well, Connor kept going and going. I think they stop after the kid has gotten a certain amount wrong. One example is the word "construction". One picture was a guy hammering in a nail, one was a sander sanding a piece of wood, one was a guy putting together a box, and I can't remember the last one. So they could all kind of be interpreted as construction, but it was obviously the guy hammering in the nail on a house that they were looking for. Another one was "greeting". It had some people coming into a house waving, some people leaving a house waving, and I can't remember what else. So you can see that these could be hard, especially for a just turned 4 year old. Well, Connor got up to age 14-15 words. These are what kids are expected to know at 14-15 years old! When the assistant left and the doctor came back in, he was just like "Well, Connor did very well on that test. We don't have to worry." I know he's not a genius, but I sure was impressed. He knew words that I had no idea he knew. Those minds are little sponges!!

No comments: