Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ouch




I was just looking at old pictures of my cute kids, and it seriously made my heart hurt at how much I miss them at different stages in their lives. They were so cute! I miss them when they were little babies that made those sweet sounds. Goos and gaas and sweet sleeping sighs. Those sweet smiles and the lack of control they had over their arms and legs, so they would just kick, kick, kick, and throw their arms around in the air. Those little eyes staring at you and trying to make them smile and laugh. Then when they would try and get around without being able to walk. I miss holding and rocking them when they weighed next to nothing and those little hands holding onto my finger. I certainly don't miss everything and I wouldn't want to go back to that time because it was also really hard. I look forward to when they grow up and I can really have a conversation with them and I can drag them to do the things that I enjoy and hopefully they will also be really good and enjoy doing those things. But when I hold them in my arms, it is sad to think that soon they will be too big to pick up and hold. I love my kids so much and they are just so darn cute!! My mom always said that she wishes we could be little again for just one day out of the month. That would be nice.

1 comment:

Nate and Annie said...

What a sweet post! I'm certainly looking forward to that stage of life...