Thursday, January 6, 2011

Playdate

Connor is 5 years old and in kindergarten. He came home with a piece of paper that had a phone number written on it in kindergartener hand-writing. He said a girl in his class called Tacie (Taycie?, Tacey? I don't know.) had written it down and told him to tell me to call that number and set up a playdate. I thought that was so funny. It probably would have just been normal and boring if it was a boy. But anyway, there was one number missing. I immediately thought that Connor had asked for her number and she wasn't really interested, so she left one digit out. This is one way girls dodge having a guy they don't like call them. Some other tactics include giving out a fake number, or taking the guys number and promising to call, then never calling. I just remembered something. There was a radio station that had a number girls could give guys that they weren't interested in. When they called the number, the machine said something like "This is (radio station) Sorry dude, but that girl that gave you her number last night just wasn't interested." Then another time they had a girl on the answering machine say "Hi! You've reached (phone number). I can't get to the phone right now, so leave a message and I'll call you back." Then they would air the messages guys left saying things like "Hi, this is (guys name) I met you at the club last night and I really had a good time. I think we had a connection--blah blah blah blah." Poor guys! Funny, though. Anyway, that came to mind, but then I don't think that girls play those kind of games at 5 years old, right? So I thought maybe she just got her number wrong, in which case my good friend Melissa thinks she's too dumb. Melissa writes "Player or dumb? Either way, no good." Funny Melissa! Oh my gosh, it will be funny when girls start calling the boys. Brad and I just both have cell phones, so all calls will have to go through us, ahahahaha!

No comments: