Sunday, December 26, 2010

Roiled Splotten

Yesterday the kids got a lot of Christmas loot. Connor was playing with one of his many toys and said "Mom, are we roiled splotten?" I asked what and he said "You know, like we got a lot of stuff?" I said "Oh, you mean spoiled rotten?" And he said "Yeah, roiled splotten." He kept insisting that it was roiled splotten. Kaytlynn got an outdoor market and Connor came to shop. Kaytlynn insists that she is the customer, not the cashier. So Connor "bought" almost all the food at the market and Kaytlynn got really mad and said he was going to buy all her stuff. He said "I'm sorry! But I have a whole family to feed." Funny kids. It was a good Christmas. I know we do spoil the kids rotten, but while I think they learn good life lessons when they do without something and when they have to work, I also think to myself 'why not?' They really are only little once and hopefully I won't look back and wish that I had done this differently. I don't think I will.

On a side note, mom took Josh to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point for his birthday. They rode in Cami's little Mazda Miata. Josh told me it was really bumpy and his cheeks kept bouncing up and down. So cute!

No comments: