Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Augh!!!

Kaytlynn was THE WORST child today. Just when I thought she had come up with every possible way to annoy us all, she would find something else to do even more annoying. Most people are in voluntary compliance 99% of the time, meaning that we are doing what we should and not wreaking havoc and following the public unspoken guidelines. Kaytlynn was probably at 50% today. We went to WalMart and she was grabbing anything she could get her hands on, pulling stuff off the shelf, trying to jump in and out of the shopping cart, crying and whining and wandering off, then running when I told her to come. She was in an all out run and I had to leave the cart with my purse and chase her down. She's a pretty fast kid. I caught her and picked her up and she was screaming and crying and hitting and kicking me. She decided she wanted a new shirt and that's all I heard over and over for the rest of our shopping trip (which was cut short because of her behavior) Crying and whining "I want a new shi-irt. I want a new shi-irt." She tried to press all the buttons on the credit card swiper thingy and grabbed the electonic pen and would not let it go. I had to pry each finger off of it. Then she was whining for candy. She ended up in lots of time outs and no candy for the day. At home she was bugging us all. She would stand right between the boys and the TV so they couldn't see it. She kept wrecking Connors car ramps he was making because she "wanted to stand there." She would lunge for the computer and slam all the keys with her hands and when I would block her hands, she used her feet to hit all the keys. I would be cleaning up one mess and she would be making another. She took Connors chapstick and mushed it all over our bedroom furniture because "I HATE your bedroom furniture!" Poor Connor was all "My lipstick!" As I was cleaning that up she was pouring my makeup down the drain. She took off the cap of the shampoo and was pumping hand soap into it and squirting the Visine out. She'd grab something, I would get it away from her and she was grabbing something else. On her time outs in her room she pulled all her clothes out of the drawers. She was hitting and kicking the boys, turning off the TV, unplugging the computer...I don't know how she comes up with so many things she can do to bug us simultaneously. Honestly, I wish I had a padded room I could have locked her in today. I found myself stuffing chocolate in my mouth, like that would somehow make it better. She did have some sweet moments where she was giving me sweet hugs and kisses. Then she'd say "Am I being so good?" and I'd say "Yes! You are being so sweet and nice! This is just how we like you!" Then she'd ask for candy so sweetly with a nice please at the end. When I would tell her that she did not get any candy for the rest of the day because she was being so naughty she would yell at me "BUT I WAS BEING NICE!!!" If we closed a door, she wanted it open. If we put something away, she wanted it out. Anything the boys were playing with, she wanted it and would try and grab it away. I was so glad when Brad got home and I handed her over to him. What a sucky day in Mommy land. As all this was going on, I was thinking that I'm glad she didn't do what she used to do, which was smear her own poop all over the carpet or pee on the carpet on purpose. I tried to give her positive attention. I tried to read with her and cook with her, but she was just on one today. Ug!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Even though this made me laugh I totally feel for you. Kids, gotta love em, right? What a little stinker. Hopefully she grows out of this stage really quick.

JillC said...

Oh Cara - How frustrating... next time pin her upside down on the clothesline! I put the kids in time out in the bathroom after removing the towels, shampoo, tp etc. It then became a boring room. Although with your little sweetie....

Cassidi said...

I've been there girl! I totally feel for you. I've had days were I wished there was a padded room in our house too, although I'm not sure if I would lock the kid or myself inside.