Friday, March 11, 2011

It's the President!

Connor, Connor, Connor. The kid is so darn loveable. Since his birthday is in the summer, they are celebrating it today at school. He wanted to take cupcakes, circle graham crackers (Ritz crackers) and water. I helped him take it all into his class. The principal was outside his classroom and Connor says to me "Look! It's the president!" Then says "Hi Mr. President!" as he passed him to go into his class. Everywhere we go--and I'm not kidding--everywhere, kids and adults say hi to Connor. Kids of all ages know him and all seem excited to see him. The other day he got some bubbles with his "Moose Bucks". His teachers name is Mrs. Moosman and she hands out moose bucks when kids are good and they can buy stuff with them. As we walked out of the school, kids and adults were saying hi to Connor and he showed everybody his bubbles and said "Look! 10 moose bucks! Look! 10 moose bucks!" left and right. The computer teacher came out the door and Connor says "Hi computer teacher! Look! 10 moose bucks!" Connor was just born very loveable. He was a pretty baby. He very rarely cried. Only if he was absolutely starving. I would put him in the bassinette and he'd just look up at me and smile. I would go get stuff done, come back, and he'd be asleep. Not a peep out of him. In the morning I would wake up and go to see if he was still sleeping, and he would be laying in his bassinette smiling. He has the sweetest little face and his laugh is one that makes you crack up and want to keep doing whatever it is that is making him laugh. He reminds me of Feivel the mouse. This sweet little face and these big ears sticking out. :) Little girls love to take care of him. He holds girls hands all the time. When he played soccer last year, there was a kid on his team who seriously probably weighed twice as much as Connor. He was tall and big. We would run over to the field and his teammates would all say hi and this kid would pick Connor up and swing him around. Connor would laugh his laugh and smile. So funny. We went to a work party at the water park and one of my friends kids was named Connor and the same age. I told Connor and he asked where he was. I pointed him out and Connor went straight over to him like they were old friends, put his hands on his face and smiled and asked "You're 4?" The other Connor was a little scared, but it reminded me of my grandma. If there is another older woman around, my grandma is instant friends. She will go over and put her hand on her shoulder, smiling and nodding, and help her with anything and make her feel very welcome, no matter where we are. They have a common bond because of their age. I went to parent teacher conference and Mrs. Moosman started telling me who his friends were, then stopped and said "Well, he's just friends with everyone. He's very friendly." I dropped him off to school and I don't think he really thought about it and did it on purpose, but he opened the door for a girl and let her walk in. He's going to be such a heartbreaker. I went to help with a class party and another mom told me that she asked her daughter who was the cutest boy in the class and she said Connor and Micah. I went to the Dads and Donuts day (pals and donuts, really). I had to bring Kaytlynn with me and Connor went over and got 2 donuts. I gave mine to Kaytlynn and Connor ran back over and asked for another one for his mom. Then he went to get us all water. He walked back very carefully with 3 cups of water, then he took our napkins and threw them away. He told me this morning that he was the shortest one in his class. I asked if he was shorter than all the boys and he said "Yeah, I'm shorter than all the boys--and all the girls!" Sorry about the genes there, kiddo! One downfall is the kid does not know how to hurry. He is a professional lollygagger. It is almost impossible to get him anywhere on time. He has to run around making tracks in the snow instead of getting straight in the car. When I drop him off at school, he can't just walk down the stairs and go in the door, he has to run a few circles on the grass and then jump down from the top stair to the bottom stair, then look back at me to see if I saw him and see if I was impressed. One time he ran down the snow and slipped and fell, then jumped up, looked back at me and gave me a smile and a thumbs up. He also cannot find things that are right in front of him. He'll ask where something is and we'll spot it right there and he cannot find it. He'll look around the whole room and not see something right in front of him. I think that kind of comes along with a very laid back personality. Okay, Kaytlynn is claiming the computer now. She plays on pbskids.org and paint. She's growing up!

No comments: