Friday, June 26, 2009

Funny Story

I was just talking to a friend from work and this story made me laugh, so I thought I'd pass it on. Here at the Spanish Fork movie theatre they have free summer movies. These free movies are packed! Of course, we are in Utah Valley, so packed free anything comes as no surprise. Well, my friend got to the theatre 30 minutes early so her and her three sons could get seats all together. Half an hour into the movie, her little boy had to use the bathroom, so she took him to the bathroom and her other 2 sons watched the movie. When she came back there was a lady sitting in her seat. She had to squish her way through the aisle to her seat, just to find it taken. She told the lady that that was her seat and she just took her son to the bathroom. The lady said "You gotta freakin' be kiddin me" My friend said, "No. I'm not kidding you, mam. My son had to pee." The lady said "I have freakin' 8 kids, there's no way I'm moving." Now I think this is awesome--my friend, instead of trying to find a different seat or go home, which is what I would have done, I'm sure, says "You will get out of my seat or I will sit on your lap." Awesome! This lady came in and moved my friends kids down, who were telling her that their mom and brother were sitting there, then put at least 2 kids in each seat and one on her lap. Now, I feel for the lady, but what a rude person! I need to take a lesson from my friend on how to stick up for myself......

1 comment:

shunt said...

i would have slapped the lady.. at least your friend is nicer then me.