Friday, June 5, 2009

Newest Addition


We got a new addition in the backyard. A 14 foot trampoline with safety net. I was just bumming around on ksl and craigslist last night and the kids have been asking for a trampoline. Connor doesn't like to leave the neighbors house because of their trampoline. I found one without the metal springs (they are the fabric kind) and with a safety net for $140. Looking up trampolines, the cheapest one like that was around $500. So we took the long trip out to Tooele to pick it up. It took us 4 hours to get there and back--that included a trip to the gas station and McDonald's. Hopefully it was worth it! We will see tomorrow. I'm excited for the kids. And Connor can practice his gymnastics stuff on it. He is already a dynamite jumper on the ground--I think he'll be really good at doing jumps on his snowboard and wakeboard and all that when the time comes. There will be a little less room in the yard for playing soccer, but I guess we can cope with that. I'll have to be careful, since I have taken to peeing a little every time I'm bounced high on the trampoline. Now our backyard will look like all the other backyards in Utah....playset, trampoline, playhouse, motorized kid cars. Yikes! I always found it funny flying over California there were pools in tons of the backyards. Then you fly over Utah and there are a ton of trampolines.

1 comment:

shunt said...

those scare me with kids! but the new ones with the springs underneath are sweet. i would get one of those new ones if my backyard wasnt slanted.. so my kids just ride their bikes down our backyard and crash into the fence. great fun.