Friday, December 17, 2010

Santas little helper

2 days ago Josh was sitting on the couch whining about something. Kaytlynn came over and was standing right in front of him, staring at him. She said, to nobody in particular-"He is being whiny." Then she opened her little notebook she was carrying and scribbled with her pencil and said "Josh is being whiny." then closed her book and continued to stand and stare seriously at him. He just stopped whining and stared back, then continued whining. It made me laugh so hard!

We got an Elf on the Shelf book. It comes with this little elf that you name and each morning the elf is hiding in a new place. The elf watches everything and reports back to Santa every night. You can't touch the elf or he will lose his magic. You can talk to him but he can't talk back. So we read the story and then the kids went to look for him. He was in an easy spot, on the piano. Kaytlynn found him first. They agreed his name was Mark. Then we went online and registered him and Santa sent a message to the kids. Even if you don't get this book, this website is really neat. It seems 3-D. It is elfontheshelf.com It has recipes for reindeer food and pictures to color and games. Kaytlynn kept going over and sitting on the piano bench and just staring at Mark. I told her she could tell Mark what she wanted for Christmas and Mark would go tell Santa when they were sleeping and if she was good, she would get it for Christmas. She got all shy and looked away. Connor came over and yelled at Mark "I want a scooter!" Kaytlynn was still looking away from Mark and said in a shy, quiet voice "I want a scooter, too." Every time we would leave the room, Kaytlynn would run into the front room to see if Mark was gone. We took Josh to school and when we came back I said it looked like Mark moved a little bit. I wondered if Mark played the piano while we were gone. Connor and Kaytlynn liked that idea and jumped on board. Josh just kept saying that Mark was not real, and how could he fly back to the North Pole if he didn't have wings. I think I was about Josh's age when I learned the secret about Santa. Wonder how long it will last with him. This may be the last year for him! Sad.

3 comments:

JillC said...

Does Mark relay wishes to Santa for adults too? have a great Christmas! Wish we were there.

CamiKay said...

I was wondering about these little elves everybody keeps talking about!
I'm so glad you post this blog so I can keep up on what the funny little kids are doing.
Love ya

shunt said...

oh, I just read this. Im glad you got him! My kids were sad that our elf left after christmas. lol